Tuesday 3 September 2013

Phoenix

I was born and raised
I laughed and played
My time was spent in frolic and games

A baby I was, new to the world
I thought it simple, but couldn't put it in a word

But as I grew I came to know
Battles must be fought, in rain and in snow
The world fought back but it was the world
That hit me back until I curled


I got back up, again to fight
But this time I knew better, to hide
From the shadows to battle, in my own mind
Little did I know what I would find

The world existed inside me too
Built by me, but free and blue
My thoughts I'd built, like stronghold forts
Crumbled upon me in a daydream's burst

Crushed harder than ever before
Laying beneath my rubble at heaven's door
Losing all I'd once held dear
I was a pauper again, left in fear

And as my forts crumbled, so did I
My world around me passed me by
All hands to help were only to be lost
Not everyone who came was meant to last

But people there were, and people true
Some goddesses, angels and humans too
They held me up and held me high
So however deep I fall, I needn't sigh

I survived, yet dead, the pain of the past
I never expected to ever last
But in all those tears and all those words
I knew for once, despair never lost hope

They were stars in the dark sky
Winds that blew my tears dry
And through all my pain and all I knew
I knew I would be born anew

Phoenix feathers and Phoenix lights
Fires that stoked, so so bright
I knew in time my life would fall
And from the ashes my voice would call

To the skies, heavens and time to be
To the goddess, angels and humans free
That I would rise to fly again
Away from the forts that were my chain

I will be free, I will not fall
I'll soar in the sky, free from all
Carrying angels on my wings
My saviours from death, my gentle voice sings

And yes, it is true, in time I will fall
But like a phoenix, I shall rise again tall
Stronger than ever, happy and free
I shall be thine, mine and forever me

No comments:

Post a Comment